The “Kingdom Kids” and Xtreme Preteens at BFUMC chose the organization “Kids Against Hunger” as their mission project for the year. Each week offerings were collected. The children prayed over their offering and also prayed for the children all over the world who were hungry, thanking God that they could help feed these children.
$1,780.00 was raised! A pallet of food was purchased and sent to children and families in Ecuador who were recently affected by the earthquakes.
On April 23, 2016 a group of the kids traveled to Cairo for some “Hands On” mission work. These kids participated in packing the food that was sent to children all over the world.
How did this mission project impact the kids?......
- “I enjoyed Kids against Hunger because we are helping people who don’t have what we have and are providing food for them.” ~ Macy – 6th grade
- “It made us feel good to be helping people and giving food to the hungry children.” ~ Kingdom Kids ages 3-5 years old.
- “I liked helping pack food for the kids because starving kids makes me feel really bad and I am so glad to be a part of this Kids Against Hunger today!” ~ Addison – 6th grade
- “I enjoyed our trip today because we got to help people and I enjoyed spending time with my friends at church.” ~ Jud 1st grade
- “I really enjoyed packaging food for KAH in Cairo, Ga. Doing this made me feel thankful for all that I have. I’m so glad to be a part of a youth group that helps children in need.” ~ Courtney – Jr. High
The KAH project definitely helped our children focus more on the needs of others. They also became much more aware of all their blessings. Children have such compassion and tender hearts and this was so evident during our prayer and offering times as they earnestly asked God to help the hungry children in the world. This in turn gave leaders the opportunity to teach and remind them that “their hands and feet are the hands and feet of Jesus. God blesses us so we can be a blessing to other in Jesus’ name.”
Thank you KAH for serving children all over the world and for allowing us, the Kingdom Kids/Xtreme Preteens at BFUMC, to serve with you.
Susan Justice Children’s Minister BFUMC